Search This Blog

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fail...or not?

I did not do anything with the pallet except remove it from the back of my car (an accomplishment all in it's own). I did however run "errands" for 4 hours.  I found many Goodwill and Thrift store finds.  I then made a trip to Micheal's, which was another mistake for my wallet!  I found sooo many great finds and can't wait to complete some of them!  Needless to say I won't be getting any lesson plans done tomorrow! haha!


Goodwill purchases:
Chandelier $9.99
Silver "frame" missing the backboard $3.99--mount on the purple wall in my room so the color shows through or scrapbook paper/pictures in the holes and hang in the bathroom
Jewelry box with missing knobs $5.99--sand, repaint/stain, new lining, new knobs
Block shelves $5.99--Sand and repaint
A&M metal sign $9.99 WHOOP!--Hang it outside with my other one (duh)
Men's shirt $2.99--try the skirt made out of a men's shirt project I found on pintrest

Thrift Store purchases:
Wall hook (for my flags outside) $1.99--to hang the Aggie sign!
Mason jar $2.99--make into a soap dispenser for the kitchen (I love the worn metal lid)
2 children's books (not pictured) $2--for my kiddos!

Sandpaper, new foam brushes, spray paint, and chalkboard paint...oh my!
I have been wanting to play around chalkboard paint so I'm excited!! The flowers are for barrettes and/or headbands (yellow for school!)
Breast cancer awareness flag--walking in the 3-day in November!




I have been eyeing a pile of stuff next to this house for a week...I finally got the guts to knock on the door and ask about it (my sudden motivation came from the Picker Sisters, which I am completely addicted to now!)


My car full of my finds from the day! (There's wine somewhere under there...made my monthly trip to Sam's for dog food, coffee and wine)



This is what I got at the yellow house
There were 2 of these, but the 2nd one is in pieces (on top) I figure I can do something with these!
Bench or box out of the broken drawers, maybe a chair...who knows!!
In the back there is what I am guessing used to be a shoe rack--I'm going to paint it and hang in the laundry room as a drying rack

There are some cheap plastic molded pieces I found that are not pictured...they are a terrible faux gold color.  They should be great as wall scones after a little paint.

I can't wait to complete each of these projects and share them with all of you!
One man's trash is soon to be my treasure!!


I am off to get sushi with Katie...we've gone 2 whole weeks without seeing eachother and I am going through withdraw.  Pretty sure it will be a late night with her and then I'm coming home to get started!!

Hope you have enjoyed your weekend...we still get one more day...whoo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment