Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

More Blessings

New addiction! I saw the commercial this week and did an impulse buy at Wal-mart.


I sure did polish off the rest of that box of Wheat Thins and will probably go buy more tomorrow just so I can finish off the cheese! haha!

And what goes best with cheese and crackers?!?

Wine of course!!

 So the one on the left is from the Naked Winery near Portland.  What is it about new/special wines that we wait forever to drink them?  I brought 4 bottles of wine back with me from Portland and have yet to drink any of them! I think it's because I spent more than $10 on them...makes me feel like it needs to be a special occasion!  The wine on the right however is what I actually opened...$8 at Sam's and another new addiction! It's delish!

Several years ago my sister and I took a road trip to Hot Springs, Ak (don't go to the bath houses unless you want to be bathed by Shaniqua!) and I bought my first red bottle of wine that I liked.  I didn't open it until this last year, and it had spoiled.  We can't keep waiting around for special occasions, we have to make them.  I have decided that I am going to make a reason to open those bottles this weekend.  I have so much to celebrate and be thankful for....why wait around for a special occasion when every day is a gift worth celebrating!  So with that said...who wants to join me for some fantastic wine this weekend?  I will cook and provide spirits!

So my day...after hearing about it, you will wonder why I am wanting to celebrate! haha!
Wanted to beat my head against a wall as I watched some of my 6th graders bomb an open book reading test! I mean I can't teach common sense and we've been working on problem solving skills for 4 years...I then watched my 5th graders bomb a place value test...I mean can it get any easier?! Oh and to top it all off...One of my 6th graders that I have had for 4 years came into my class and
"Can I go get a drink?"
"No" (continue teaching dividing with decimals)
"Can I go see the nurse? My head hurts again?"
"No, you'll be fine."
"Can I go to the nurse, I think I'm going to throw up?"
"No, you'll be fine" (pause for a moment...this all sounds like deja vu...this kid DID throw up in my room last year...but I think he is just trying to get out of work).
"Uh...You're in 6th grade now, if you feel sick you can make it to the trashcan"
(I was pretty sure he would just go to the bathroom, fake throw up so he can go home...they have all tried it with me)
About 10 minutes later...runs for the trashcan.
I am quite proud of myself...I did not skip a beat and kept teaching my lesson...mid sentence without looking away from the board told him to carry the trashcan with him to the nurse.

This is the sign of a truly seasoned teacher...correction truly seasoned SPECIAL ED teacher.  I've been drooled on, peed on, cleaned up poo, changed a 17 year old's diaper...it's a glamorous life, be jealous!

PS For all of you well seasoned Bloggers...I have advertisements on my blog now, does this mean I can expect a check soon?!? haha! that would be wonderful!

I hope everyone has a fabulous evening and rest of the week...I'm serious about celebrating with friends this weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog, and I love that cheese in your picture! SO good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally wanted to buy that cheese because of the commercial. Haha. What can I say advertising works on me. Is it good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hated to admit that the advertising worked on me...in fact I tried to justify my purchase in other ways like "I didn't intentionally walk over to this section to buy the cheese I saw on a commercial...I"m looking for fresh cheese and oh my gosh! This looks delish, I should try it" It is WONDERFUL! You should buy it and just tell everyone a blogging friend told you to try it! ;)

    ReplyDelete