Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Just a good day

Today was a terrific day...and for no apparent reason.  I guess it's that feeling of peace about where you are in your journey and contentment with your life.

I walked into school this morning carrying WAY more than I can hold (but I refuse to make two trips) and spilled my water all over the hallway in front of my room and there was an ear piercing alarm going on and off for about an hour. You would have thought it would have been a "case of the Mondays" but instead I just laughed it off and cleaned it up. I only had one group to finish planning for the entire week! I also left school today knowing that I was done planning and had all my materials for the rest of week.  It is just such a great feeling to finally feel like I am ahead of the game. I have become super organized and so I am able to do so much more with my lessons and be better prepared.

Therapy with Jake* went wonderful as well!  My supervisor came to go through files and observe and I had the opportunity to show off all the cute things he's learned.  I love doing therapy with Jake because it doesn't feel like another 2 hours of work at all. He absorbs everything so quickly and is so stinkin cute so I feel a sense of accomplishment every time I leave. 

The simple joys in a teacher's day:
Alice* my kindergartner with AU had ZERO meltdowns today! yay!
I got to use the bathroom....more than once!
I got to eat lunch sitting at my desk, not walking down the hallway
My lessons went without a hitch

Things are just going right for the first time in a long time, and I only have God's timing to credit it....not some guy,  I finally feel freedom from the need to be with someone, to take care of.  On pintrest today I saw a quote: "Having faith in God is having faith in his timing"  This is so very true...nothing happens by coincidence, it is all a part of a plan much bigger than us.  God has shown me this time after time.

I know I rambled a lot tonight, but that's kind of where my thoughts are...all over the place.  I am ending my great day with a glass of wine outside in this gorgeous 80 degree weather with the puppies. The distant sound of other families outside in their backyard and kids being called to come in as the sun goes down.

Life doesn't get much better than this.


*Names are changed for confidentiality

No comments:

Post a Comment